HISTORY OF GAMING INDUSTRY
From the time of king and queen, gaming has always been an important part of our society. With the development and growth of technology gaming has turned into one of the highest profit returning industry. Back in 50s when computers were invented, games were designed just to check the performance of the computer. These tests sow the seed of virtual games and later grew as a full grown tree with the introduction of internet and it is still spreading its branches. Games like NIMROD, OXO, Spacewar and The Brown Box were our first computer games. From host-based networks to time sharing and finally to internet, gaming community has been evolved through all such innovations. On host-based network computers are connected together and they all rely upon a single host or a leader. Whereas, time-sharing concept allow the processing of computer across different terminals and then finally internet which connected us with the entire world. With the introduction of internet online gaming emerged as a very successful business industry. With every passing year technology is improving and impressive graphics are being introduced to make the gaming experience surreal.
In the late 90s gaming industry introduced online casino which made gambling possible online. Roulette, slots and blackjack can be enjoyed from home. Today many more different types of gambling is available online and it is on boom even after being a controversial industry. In countries like USA the laws are not clear on online gambling. They differ from state to state which make online gambling quite risky.
TYPES OF GAMING INDUSTRY
Online games include teenager girls and boys; adult men and women and even the elderly have not been left out. The number of online console gamers is expected to grow to over 57 million by 2020 which will give a projected worldwide growth of $2.14 trillion!
Here is the list of different types of business in gaming industry.
- PC gaming
- Table games and poker
- Horse race betting
- Social gaming
- Digital games
- Slot machines
- Mobile gambling
- Online bingo
- Mobile gaming
- In-play gambling
- App based games
- Console gaming
- Value chain
HOW GAMING INDUSTRY WORKS?
It is one of the commonly asked questions that how online gaming industry earns money? When growing up we always dream to earn money by doing something we enjoy. Well, with the globalization of online gaming this has become true. You have many ways to use your passion for games and earn fairly good from it.
Gaming industry has different forms. If you are interested in entering into it you have following options:
- Publishing games: Typically, if you are developer and developed a game you can sell it either through middleman that is stores. Some amount will be taken by the store and rest will be yours or you can publish your game on many big platforms available online like Steam, Itch.io, Game jolt, Gog, etc. All you have to do is pay a submission fees and now millions people interested in playing your game will buy your game.
- Mobile games: You can also make an application for mobile phones. Mobile games earn money through advertisements. Every time ad is watched, the developer earns a small amount of money.
- Gaming/Gambling website: Another way is to make your own gaming website which is slightly more expensive idea but you have wider scope of earning here. If you have a great content and an amazing website, sponsors will approach you too. You have many options available to earn money through a website like by selling e-books, guides and services. You can also make subscription-based content and one of the other most used idea is pay wall plan which shows only certain amount of content of website and asks viewer to make a payment to see more.
HOW TO ENTER GAMING INDUSTRY?
If you are passionate enough about games and now want to know how to start an on online gambling/gaming business of your own then here are the steps and measures which you should take.
Step 1: Get proper law knowledge. The first and the most important advice to you is that always do authentic work because many people will suggest you easy and illegal ways to do online gaming/gambling business. Before starting anything first you should be well aware with the laws. Every country has different laws so you need to study about license and jurisdiction.
Step 2: Find reliable i-Gaming software. Take as much time as you want in deciding your software provider. It’s a long term partnership so never rush. Do your study; go through the reviews and customer feedbacks. Choose an understanding, flexible and customizable software provider which provides following stuff:
- CMS (content management system)
- player management software
- cashier system
- reporting engine
- encryption software
- customer support
- large coverage of betting markets
- a payment options with multi-currency
- advance tech support
Step 3: Decide type of content. Whatever types of games you want to provide whether different popular casino games like slots, baccarat, blackjack, bingo or you want to provide shooting games but always think for a long term basis. You can also add some additional features like real-time chat rooms, tournament play, statistics on players and live casino modules depending on your budget.
Step 4: Make your website attractive. It is important to make your website very impressive and presentable because you must have heard of it, “first impression is the last impression”. Making it attractive does not mean to apply all possible types of graphics. Keep your website simple so it will not take much time to load. Use predefined templates provided by your software provider and lastly keep it user friendly.
Step 5: Complete formalities. Setting up an online gambling business is not an easy task. As mentioned before, you must be aware of the laws related to online gambling. Like in USA, Federal laws are not very clear about online gambling, they differ from state to state. There are even countries that banned betting activities within their jurisdiction and there are even countries that lack regulations on gambling activities.
You have to apply for a license in the country where you want to set up your online business. Usually it takes months to a year to obtain a gaming license, depending upon the country. Wisely choose the jurisdiction to place your site in, you are going to need to register as a legal entity.
Step 6: Get a merchant account.To receive and make payments easily you need a payment service provider which is another major part of your website. An appropriate merchant account can enhance the whole gaming experience. We will discuss about merchant account in detail later under heading PAYMENT SOLUTION.
Step7: Promote. When everything is decided and taken care of, you have to now work on marketing your online gaming website. You have to be very smart and notice what your competitors are doing. Learn from their mistakes and adopt the best marketing strategy suitable for your business. Know the market and type of people you are going to deal with, make an environment where your players want to come back. You also might need to contact SEO agencies, e-mail marketing companies and media resources. Marketing needs a lot of efforts but always keep working hard and give the best experience to your players.
WHY ONLINE GAMING INDUSTRY IS LABELED HIGH RISK?
Everything comes with some pros and cons. Gaming industry is high very profitable but also flagged as high risk by banks and financial institutions. If you are planning to start your own online gambling business then you should know that why gaming industry is considered high risk.
- Services and products offered by this industry are high risk product because they attract chargebacks.
- Gaming business has a high volume turnover which makes it a little risky for banks and merchant account providers
- Undefined laws are also one of the reason for hesitation of financial institutions
- Highly chargebacks prone industry.
- Many new merchant entering online gaming industry and thus have no credit history which increases the chances of insolvency.
You have an attractive gaming website with strong content but to earn money from it you need a gaming merchant account.
Thus, if you, as an online gaming merchant, want to accept credit/ debit card payments, you have to search for a payment processor like iPayTotal that is ready to provide merchant services for you.
To simplify and improve the customer’s shopping experience, Merchant Account is playing a major role. It has enhanced the speed, increased efficiency, provided best payment gateway, and maintained the greater standards of security and elasticity for both seller and buyer.
Things you should expect from your merchant account are as follow:
- Merchant account for all types of gaming business: A perfect online gaming merchant account covers all type of online gaming business
- Easily make big payments:A perfect merchant account enables you to make big transactions easily and support them in sorting out any restriction.
- High services for high risk business:For a high risk business like yours it’s very challenging to get a merchant account. Only an experienced merchant account provider can offer you best suitable high risk gaming merchant account.
- Customer services:24*7 services should be provided by your gaming merchant account provider to you to answer all your queries.
Security to your business:Commonly provided security tools by merchant account provider
- Fraud tools, encryption and tokenization
- EMV terminals
- Tap and pay POS systems
- PCI compliance tools
- General security awareness
- Fast and easy approval: Experienced and high risk business specialist merchant account providers can only give approval timely, like iPayTotal, who understands the urgency and loss of business.
- Transparency: Honest merchant account providers clearly tell you about you charges and explain every terms and conditions applied
WHY IPAYTOTAL IS A RIGHT CHOICE?
There are number of things we are offered by a good gaming merchant account. To meet all these requirements, iPayTotal has professionals who are handling every business with utmost honesty and intelligence. To keep your business updated and safe there is no better option in market than iPayTotal. Best high risk gaming merchant account services are being offered by us to more than thousands of happy customers.