Website Compliance Requirements
- Please provide complete and non-expiring login information for all relevant websites submitted.
- Place the EU corporation name and registered address on the sites, needs to be on the home page, contact us’ page, payment page, and the terms and conditions
- Clearly, show the toll-free customer support numbers. Note: each website needs to have a distinct, nonconsecutive phone number.
- In addition to the customer support phone number and the mailing address, the sites need to have a contact e-mail address.
- Please list your Terms & Conditions on the site and include the following information:
- Place of jurisdiction (needs to match the EU country of incorporation)
- Billing model and cancellation/refund policy need to be clearly explained
- The payment page needs to be SSL-encrypted for data security.
- Full descriptor info (including customer support phone number) to be displayed on the payment page. For example: “Charges will appear on your statement as DESCRIPTOR 800-123-4567”.
- VISA and MC logos to be displayed on the home page and payment page.
- Clearly, state the total charge on the payment page where the credit card details are entered. For recurring charges, please add a brief billing model description directly above the ‘Submit’ button. The offer disclosure must include the following:
- Product/service being purchased
- Estimated time of delivery
- Length of the trial, if applicable
- Initial charge amount
- Subsequent charge amount
- The exact timing of charges
- Here is an example of an acceptable offer disclosure: “For the 14-day trial, you will be charged $3.95 today for shipping & handling of the product name. If the order is not canceled before the end of the trial period, on the 15th day, you will be charged $39.95, and the charge of $39.95 will reoccur monthly until canceled. Please expect delivery in 3-5 business days.”
- No cross-sells and opt-out up-sells will be permitted. There is a limit of a single
one timecharge opt-in upsell per website, and the offer terms must be stated on the payment page.
Each descriptor can have up to 31 characters, including all spaces, dots, dashes, and the toll free phone number. For example, “my product name 800-123-4567.”